Saturday 7 April 2012

Review: MUA eyeshadow primer....

As I've said a few times I'm currently building up my freelance kit, and I'm always trying out different products to see what I like and don't like.

I have a hand full of eyeshadow primers that I'm using and that I love; MAC paint pots, Urban Decay primer potion and Soap and Glory It's about prime. Out of all of them I think I reach for Urban Decay because it has no colour and can be used with matte and shimmer shadows

SO, whilst in superdrug I was having a good old spy at the MUA stand and noticed that they had an eyeshadow primer that looked so similar to Urban Decay and for a fraction of the price. So off I trotted to the till to pay.


On the tube it says 'Long lasting, smoothing, no creases'......and let me tell you, it does exactly what it says!! From the first time I used this, I new I had found a winner. Usually I need to use something a few times before I know if I like it, not this! I fell in love with it as soon as I applied it.


I want to say it's similar to Urban Decay; similar packaging (sponge tip applicator) and it's the same colour. BUT the consistency of MUA is much thicker than Urban Decay, and better in my opinion.


This primer can be used on any skin tone/colour because once it has absorbed into the skin it leaves no colour behind. I reach for this every morning as appose to any of my others now. I apply my make up at around 7:30am on a working day and sometimes don't have the chance to wash it off until around 7pm that night, and my shadow is still in place and just as vibrant as it was that morning!

The good, the good and...the good (no bad points!)
* Cost - £2.50
* 7.5g
* Quite thick consistency
* Eyeshadow lasts around 12 hours
* Prevents creasing
* Smooth to apply
* Does what it says on the tube

Definitely one for my kit, and I definitely recommend picking this up....5/5
Thanks MUA!!

http://www.superdrug.com/primer/mua-pro-eye-primer/invt/312558/

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

2 comments:

  1. i love this primer too, george at asda do one that i also quite like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to pick one up next time I'm in asda :)x

    ReplyDelete