Saturday 22 September 2012

Be confident....


Be confident. Be yourself.


I wanted to post something that I'd guess about 90% of people deal with day to day.


Some people have all the self confidence in the world, and some don't have any at all. Up until recently I didn't really have all that much, until I found my style and told myself  'if people don't like me, then that's their problem' It probably sounds weird to say 'I found my style' and this gave me confidence, but it really did. I pretty much have a 'rock chick' edge to my look now; wearing skull T-shirts, rock band T-shirts and my military boots all the time. And in all honesty, I feel so much more confident about myself now that I don't blend in with the crowd. I've never really been one for blending in, I've always wanted to stand out and not because I want people to look at me or pay me attention but because I don't see the point in everyone being the same as everyone else.


It's so much easier for someone to say 'just be yourself and don't let anyone get you down' but I think it's worth it. I spent so many years (as a teenager) trying to find out who I was and got constant little remarks from people I thought were friends about what I wore etc And I now realise it was because they themselves didn't know who they were and they were the insecure ones.


If I could go back to being a teenager I'd tell myself  'Wear what you want, do what you want and don't let anyone bring you down' Because that's what I tell myself every day now, and it works.

I hope this wasn't a rambley post, and that it helps someone who is lacking in the self confidence department. Just BE YOU!! 


Thanks for reading :)

S xx

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great post, if only we could go back and tell ourselves as teenagers not to care what people think! So glad i read this post.

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thank you :) I know right, life would have been so much easier back then if we could

    Sxx

    ReplyDelete