Sunday 5 August 2012

Weekly favourites....

It's time for my weekly faves again, and I thought I'd do it a bit different this week. On Monday morning I decided to pick out products to use all week (I think a lot of people call it 'shopping their stash') and then at the end of the week say which are my faves and which aren't. I'm also including anything else that I've been loving that wasn't in that make up bag. So here we go:




First up, face


* No7 shine free primer - I won't say too much about this because there's a review coming up, but this is now my favourite primer. It's matte and keeps my make up on longer than any other primer

* Collection lasting perfection concealer - This is a holy grail concealer for me, absolutely love it. Great coverage and staying power

* Collection lasting perfection ultimate wear foundation - Again I won't say too much about this either because there's a review coming up, but I was completely on the fence about this until this week. I've now found a way to make this work for me  and I love it

* 17 pressed powder - My favourite powder. I use this every day and won't be changing any time soon. It sets my foundation without making it look cakey, and keeps my face looking matte


Now eyes:


* Soap and glory 'it's about prime' - This primer is great to use with shimmery or pearl shadows. Especially the MUA I've been using this week

* Avon super enchant mascara - I love this mascara. Gives length, volume and separates. I've already reviewd it

* MUA extreme felt liner - This was in last weeks faves and I'm still loving it. I find it so easy to use now, and it's super pigmented and lasts all day with no smudging 

* MUA clear mascara - This is great for setting brows. It helps keep them in place all day

* MUA eyeshadow 'shade 1 ' - One of my favourite eye shadows to use. I love this all over the lid, as a highlight or in the inner tear duct area. I especially love pairing it with the color tattoo

* Maybelline color tattoo 'on and on bronze' - Probably the one thing I know I can reach for when I'm not sure what look I want. It's easy to apply and blend, has great pigmentation and staying power and doesn't crease

* e.l.f eyebrow kit - This is now the only eyebrow product I reach for (along with the clear mascara) I used to use the rimmel professional brow pencil, but this works so much better

Cheeks:


* Collection shimmer and shade 'just peachy' - This is my most reached for highlight. It gives a nice subtle highlight to the cheek bones, without a lot of shimmer

* e.l.f blush - This gives such a glowy look to the skin. The e.l.f blushes aren't all that pigmented, but they're buildable. I'd say, for me, this worked perfect as a contour/blush because of the colouring of this and my skin tone 

And lastly, lips:


* e.l.f hypershine gloss ' berry cherry' - This pairs up so well with the MUA lipstick. It's a little darker than the lipstick but looks so pretty. It's not too sticky and lasts pretty well too

* MUA lipstick 'bare' - This is such a pretty nude and perfect for any skintone. The staying power of the MUA lipsticks is amazing

All of these products worked really well together and I've loved the finished look

Random favourite: 


* Lavera wild rose eye gel - I got these samples in my latest in beauty box and I've been testing them out over the past week. I'm going to wait until I've used up all of the sachets to give a full review, but so far I'm loving this

What do you think of this type of favourites? I'm not sure if every week will be the same yet

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment